Terms and Conditions
- “(The) Scouts” – The Scout Association of Australia (SA Branch) including the Board, Staff and Volunteers
- “Hirer” – the Group or Person named on the Invoice issued by the Scout Electronics Team
- “Invitees” – anyone who attends or uses the property in connection with your use of the property, whether or not expressly invited
- “Equipment” – the equipment being hired as shown on the Invoice (Radios, electronic fox hunting kits, soldering kits, etc) as well as any other equipment or property that is owned by the Scout Association of Australia (SA Branch)
- The Hire Fee must be paid within 30 days of Invoice receipt.
- If any damage occurs to any of the Scouts’ equipment or property, through your use, you must pay the Scouts within 30 days the cost of any repairs or replacement.
- You must cover and reimburse the Scouts for any losses they incur as a result of you using the equipment, including any claim made against the Scouts by you, anyone connected with you, or anyone who attends as a result of your use of the equipment.
- The Hirer will maintain at its own expense all appropriate policies of Insurance for all damage to or arising out of the hire of the equipment in an amount not less than the full new replacement cost of the equipment; and for all Public Liability risks in respect of the hire or use of the equipment by the Hirer for not less than $10 million for any one occurrence.
You must pay, assume liability for, and indemnify, protect, defend, save and hold harmless [but to the extent only that you must have no obligation to indemnity against or satisfy the same claim twice] Scouts and its Board, employees and volunteers [“Scouts”] from and against any and all liabilities, obligation, losses, damages, penalties, injuries, claims, settlements, actions, demands, judgement, charges, public fees, suit, costs and expenses [including, but not limited to, legal fees and expenses] of whatsoever kind and nature which may from time to time be imposed on or incurred by Scouts, relating to or arising out of the use of the equipment by you and your invitees. “Invitees” include anyone who uses the equipment in connection with your use of the equipment, whether or not expressly invited.
LOSS OR DAMAGE
You must pay, assume liability for, and indemnify Scouts against any loss or damage occasioned to the equipment caused by you or your Invitees or which loss or damage occurred during your use or hire of or responsibility for the same. By accepting hire of the Scout Electronics Team equipment, you hereby enter into a Hire Agreement with the Scout Electronics Team and you hereby confirm that I have read, understood and agree to the conditions of Hire as shown herein.
By accepting hire of Equipment from Scouts you hereby agree to the Terms and Conditions as shown. The Terms and Conditions may be updated from time to time and the current version will always be shown at https://scoutelectronics.org.au/about/terms-conditions